Italian Shrimp Pasta
This will taste like you spent all afternoon in the kitchen. No need to tell anyone it was quick and easy.
- 1 pound whole-wheat linguini or angel hair pasta noodles
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound frozen, peeled and deveined shrimp (any size), thawed
- ½ of a 0.6 ounce packet dry Italian dressing mix
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms (any type), sliced
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions and drain.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet. Add the shrimp and Italian dressing mix. Saute for 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms and spinach to skillet and continue cooking until shrimp is cooked through and has turned pink, mushrooms are tender and spinach is wilted.
- Pour shrimp mixture into pasta. Add remaining olive oil and stir to combine.
Note: If pasta is too dry, add another tablespoon of olive oil. The additional oil will add calories from unsaturated fat.
Nutrition facts per serving: 310 calories; 7g total fat; lg saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 70mg cholesterol; 510mg sodium; 45g carbohydrate; 5g fiber; 3g sugar; 16g protein; 6% Daily Value of vitamin A; 2% Daily Value of vitamin C; 6% Daily Value of calcium; 10% Daily Value of iron