Jalapeño PoppersReceta en Español
- 4 ounces reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- 8 large jalapeño peppers
- 8 pieces, thinly sliced bacon, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and mozzarella cheese.
- Wash peppers and cut off stems.
- Cut peppers lengthwise to make 16 halves. You may want to wear plastic gloves while handling hot peppers.
- Scrape out the seeds and membrane of each pepper.
- Stuff each pepper half with the cream cheese mixture and wrap each stuffed pepper with a half piece of bacon.
- Lightly grease a broiler pan or pan with a rack. This will allow any grease to fall away from the poppers.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until poppers are hot and juicy and the bacon is browned.
Source: Plate it up! Kentucky Proud Project.
60 calories; 4g fat; 2.5g saturated fat; 5mg cholesterol; 180mg sodium; 1g carbohydrate; 0g fiber; 1g sugars; 5g protein.