Kale and Cranberry Salad
Servings:6Serving Size:1/2 cupRecipe Cost:$6.72Cost per Serving:$1.12
Perfect for special occasions, but so good you’ll want it most nights.
- 1 large bunch kale, de-stemmed and finely chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 medium lemon, juiced
- ½ cup dried cranberries (may use raisins)
- ½ cup grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- Place finely chopped kale, olive oil and lemon juice in a large bowl and mix until kale is evenly coated.
- Add cranberries, cheese and almonds. Toss to combine.
Source: Caroline Durr, Area Nutrition Agent for Kentucky Nutrition Education Program, University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service
Nutrition facts per serving: 240 calories; 17g total fat; 3g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 5mg cholesterol; 130mg sodium; 18g carbohydrate; 3g fiber; 7g sugar; 8g protein; 150% Daily Value of vitamin A; 160% Daily Value of vitamin C; 20% Daily Value of calcium; 8% Daily Value of iron