Kale and Potato Soup
Servings:Makes 6 servingsServing Size:1 1/2 cups
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 box (48 ounce) low-sodium chicken broth
- 6 red potatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 4 cups shredded kale
- 1/2 pound cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat for 1 minute. Add chopped onion and garlic and cook uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, potatoes and carrot; cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Mix in the kale, chicken and black pepper. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until kale is tender.
Source: Plate it up! Kentucky Proud Project.
270 calories; 5g fat; 1g saturated fat; 25mg cholesterol; 210mg sodium; 43g carbohydrate; 5g fiber; 15g protein.