Kentucky Sweet Potato BreadReceta en Español
Servings:16Serving Size:1 sliceRecipe Cost:$4.63Cost per Serving:$.29
Old fashioned sweet potato bread is comforting and tasty. Best of all, it’s quick and easy to make.
- ¼ cup margarine
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cooked mashed sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 ½ cups self-rising flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- In a mixing bowl, cream ¼ cup margarine and ½ cup brown sugar.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add sweet potatoes, milk, and grated orange peel; mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix flours, allspice, nutmeg and pecans.
- Blend the wet and dry mixtures, stirring only until just combined.
- Spray a 9-inch x 5-inch x 3-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour mixture into pan and bake at 350°F for 45 to 50 minutes.
- When the loaf is removed from the oven, allow to cool for 10 minutes before applying glaze.
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon reduced fat cream cheese
- ¼ cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1½ teaspoon milk
- 1½ teaspoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the margarine and cream cheese.
- Add the confectioner’s sugar, milk, orange juice and orange peel.Mix well.
- Remove loaf from pan and spread
Make it a Meal
- Steamed broccoli
- Congealed fruit salad
- Kentucky Sweet Potato Bread
- Low-fat milk
Source: Plate It Up! Kentucky Proud
Visit KyProud.com to find all the Plate It Up! Kentucky Proud recipes using Kentucky products.
Nutrition facts per serving: 150 calories; 4.5 g fat; 1 g saturated fat; 5 g trans fat; 0 mg cholesterol; 200 mg sodium; 24 g carbohydrate; 1 g fiber; 10 g sugar; 3 g protein, 70% Daily Value of vitamin A; 6% Daily Value of vitamin C; 6% Daily Value of calcium, 6% Daily Value of iron