Lean Green Lettuce Tacos
Servings:Makes 8 servings
- 8 large lettuce leaves
- 1 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 3/4 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 ounce packet low-sodium taco seasoning
- 4 ounces low sodium tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- Wash and dry lettuce leaves.
- Prepare rice according package directions.
- Cut corn off cob.
- Drain and rinse black beans.
- In a skillet, heat the oil to medium; add ground beef and begin to cook.
- When beef begins to brown, add zucchini, corn and black beans to skillet. Continue to cook until vegetables are tender and beef is done. Do not overcook.
- Add in taco seasoning and tomato sauce and heat through.
- Add cilantro and lime juice to the cooked rice.
- Place equal amounts of rice mixture and taco mixture into lettuce leaves.
- Top each taco with chopped tomato and onion.
180 calories; 4.5g fat; 1 g saturated fat; 20mg cholesterol; 350mg sodium; 23g carbohydrate; 4g fiber; 5g sugars; 12g protein.