Magical Fruit SaladReceta en Español
Servings:12Serving Size:1/2 cupRecipe Cost:$4.31Cost per Serving:$0.36
- 20-ounce can pineapple chunks, in juice
- 3 cups seedless red or green grapes
- 1 3/4 cups skim milk
- 1 package (3½-ounce) instant lemon or vanilla pudding mix
- 2 bananas
- Drain juice from the pineapple, place pineapple in a large bowl.
- Rinse the grapes and drain; add the grapes to the pineapple.
- Pour the milk over the fruit. While slowly stirring the fruit mixture, sprinkle in the pudding mix and stir to combine; let the mixture stand for 5 minutes.
- Just before serving, peel the bananas and cut into bite-sized pieces; stir carefully into the mixture.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 1 hour.
Make it a Meal
Pair this fruit salad with roasted chicken, sauteed zucchini & squash, a whole grain roll and milk!
Source: Adapted from United States Department of Agriculture, What's Cooking USDA Mixing Bowl, March 2015. www.usda.gov/whatscooking
Rinse the banana slices in the pineapple juice before adding them to the salad to slow browning.
90 calories; 0g total fat; 0g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 0mg cholesterol; 135mg sodium; 29g total carbohydrate; 1g fiber; 26g sugar; 0g added sugar; 2g protein; 0% Daily Value vitamin D; 4% Daily Value calcium; 0% Daily Value iron; 4% Daily Value potassium.