Melon SalsaReceta en Español
Servings:12Serving Size:1/3 cupRecipe Cost:$3.74 Cost per Serving:$0.31
- 2 cups melon, honeydew, cantaloupe or watermelon, seeded and diced
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, parsley or mint, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup lime or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together all ingredients.
- Taste and season with more lemon or lime juice, and sugar if needed.
- Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve with grilled or broiled fish or chicken or with whole-grain tortilla chips.
Make it a Meal
Pair this salsa with grilled fish, quinoa, steamed cauliflower and milk.
Source: United States Department of Agriculture, What's Cooking USDA Mixing Bowl, March 2015. www.usda.gov/whatscooking
- Use one type of melon or a combination to make this salsa.
- When handling hot peppers, the oils can cause burning and skin irritation. Wear clean kitchen gloves or wash hands thoroughly after preparing. KEEP HANDS AWAY FROM EYES.
15 calories; 0g total fat; 0g trans fat; 0mg cholesterol; 0mg sodium; 4g total carbohydrate; 0g fiber; 3g sugar; 1g added sugar; 0g protein; 0% Daily Value vitamin d; 0% Daily Value calcium; 0% Daily Value iron; 2% Daily Value potassium.