Servings:6Serving Size:1 tortilla
- 6 6-inch corn or flour tortillas
- 1 16-ounce can refried beans
- 6 tablespoons salsa
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped green bell pepper or diced green chili peppers
- 1 cup chopped vegetables, such as tomato, mushrooms, spinach
- ¾ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup chopped, fresh cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Toast tortillas on both sides in a heated oven for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Spread about 1/3 cup of beans on each tortilla. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon salsa. Divide onion, green pepper and chopped vegetables evenly among tortillas and sprinkle on top of beans.
- Top each tortilla with 1 tablespoon sharp cheddar cheese.
- Return to oven and heat until cheese melts. Top with cilantro, if desired. Serve immediately.
Source: LEAP...for Health: Source: Nutrition Education Program, University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service.
NUTRITION FACTS PER SERVING: 200 calories; Sg fat; 0g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 15mg cholesterol; 420mg sodium; 26g carbohydrate; 1g fiber; 2g sugar; 0g added sugars; 89 protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 10% Daily Value of calcium; 6% Daily Value of iron; 6% Daily Value of potassium.