One Pot Cheesy SpaghettiReceta en Español
Servings:Makes 6 servingsServing Size:1 1/2 cupsRecipe Cost:$9.86 Cost per Serving:$1.64
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, do not drain
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, do not drain
- 2 cups water
- 8 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti, uncooked and broken in half
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large pot, add onion and ground turkey. Cook on medium-high heat until turkey has browned.
- Add garlic powder, chili powder and oregano. Stir to mix.
- Add both cans of diced tomatoes, water and spaghetti. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally to make sure that spaghetti is submerged. Reduce heat to simmer and cover.
- Cook for about 15 minutes or until spaghetti is done, stirring occasionally.
- Add cheese, turn off heat and cover with lid until cheese melts
(about 2-4 minutes).
Source: Adapted from USDA What’s Cooking?
320 calories; 11g total fat; 3g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 55mg cholesterol; 390mg sodium; 34g carbohydrate; 2g fiber; 4g sugar; 0g added sugar; 24g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 10% Daily Value of calcium; 15% Daily Value of iron; 6% Daily Value of potassium.