One-pot Pasta with Fresh Tomato SauceReceta en Español
Servings:6Serving Size:1 1/2 cup
- 12 ounces tri-colored pasta
- 8 medium tomatoes, diced**
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced or 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces baby spinach with stems removed
- Parmesan cheese to top
- Fresh basil for garnish (optional)
- Place all of the ingredients except the spinach, parmesan, and additional fresh
basil in a large pot.
- Cover pot with lid and bring to boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 6 minutes or until pasta is slightly al dente, stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Stir in spinach; cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Top with parmesan cheese and basil just before serving.
**Substitute 2, 14-ounce cans low-sodium diced tomatoes when tomatoes are out of season.
Source: Plate it up! Kentucky Proud Project.
260 calories, 2g fat, 0g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 0mg cholesterol, 460mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 8g total sugars, 0g added sugars, 12g protein