Pepper Sauce Zoodles with Chicken
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 ¼ teaspoons paprika, divided
- 1 ¼ teaspoons salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 ½ tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 4 fresh Roma tomatoes, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 zucchini, cut into noodles with a spiralizer
- Dice chicken breasts and season with ¼ teaspoon paprika,¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper.
- In a large pan, sauté chicken in 1 tablespoon olive oil until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear.
- Remove chicken to a bowl and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, add ½ tablespoon olive oil, onions, and red and green peppers.
- Cook on medium-high heat until the peppers and onions are tender.
- Add tomatoes, garlic, basil, oregano, 1 teaspoon paprika, black pepper, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Simmer on low for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to large pan.
- Heat to medium-high and sauté zucchini noodles 3 to 5 minutes.
- Top zucchini noodles with chicken breasts and pepper sauce.
Source: Plate it up! Kentucky Proud Project.
170 calories, 8g fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 45mg cholesterol, 530mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 6g sugars, 0g added sugars, 16g protein.