Perfect Pumpkin Pancakes
Servings:2 small pancakesServing Size:12
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 3/4 cup milk, low-fat
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg, canned pumpkin, milk, and vegetable oil, mixing well.
- Add wet ingredients to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Batter may be lumpy. For thinner batter, add more milk.
- Lightly coat a griddle or skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium.
- Drop batter mixture onto the prepared griddle by heaping tablespoon. Cook until golden brown, turning once with a spatula when the surface begins to bubble. Continue cooking until the other side is golden brown. Repeat process, making 12 pancakes.
Make it a Meal
Serve with apple slices, raw nuts and skim milk.
Source: What's Cooking? USDA Mixing Bowl, www.whatscooking.fns.usda.gov: Chop Chop Family Magazine 2015
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: 130 calories; 3.5g total fat; 0.5g saturated fat; 340mg sodium; 21g carbohydrate; 1g fiber; 4g protein.