Pineapple PorkReceta en Español
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 slices pork loin, fat trimmed (about 1 pound)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 8-ounce can pineapple chunks with juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place pork chops on the heated skillet. Sprinkle the salt on top.
- Cook the pork loin for 5 minutes per side over medium heat. The pork should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees as measured by a meat thermometer and lose its pink color when it’s done.
- Remove the cooked pork from the skillet. Place on a serving dish.
- Increase temperature to medium-high, put the green pepper slices in the skillet. Stir in the pineapple chunks with their juice. Stir in the cinnamon. Simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Spoon the pineapple mixture over cooked pork and serve immediately.
Make it a Meal
Pair this pork dish with rice medley, steamed carrots and milk.
21o calories; 11g total fat; 2g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 60mg cholesterol; 130mg sodium; 10g total carbohydrate; 1g fiber; 9g sugar; 0g added sugars; 19g protein; 6% Daily Value vitamin D; 4% Daily Value calcium; 6% Daily Value iron; 8% Daily Value potassium.