Pork with Greens and BeansReceta en Español
Servings:Makes 6 servingsServing Size:1 cupRecipe Cost:$9.46Cost per Serving:$1.58
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless pork butt
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced no-salt-added tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (14 ounce) cans low-sodium cannellini beans
- Heat oil over medium heat in a medium skillet.
- Brown pork on all sides and transfer to a slow cooker. Add chicken broth and onion slices to the slow cooker and cook on low for 5 hours.
- Shred or cut pork into bite-sized pieces. Add garlic powder, tomatoes, kale mustard, salt, pepper, and beans to the slow cooker.
- Cook for an additional hour.
Great northern beans or white navy beans can be used instead of cannellini beans.
Source: Katie Shoultz, Extension Specialist, University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service
400 calories; 16g total fat; 5g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 75mg cholesterol; 640mg sodium; 30g carbohydrate; 10g fiber; 4g sugar; 0g added sugar; 31g protein; 6% Daily Value of vitamin D; 10% Daily Value of calcium; 15% Daily Value of iron; 20% Daily Value of potassium.