Rainbow Pasta SaladReceta en Español
Servings:7 Serving Size:1 1/2 cupsRecipe Cost:$12.87Cost per Serving:$1.84
- 8 ounces small whole-wheat pasta (shells, mini bowties, elbow macaroni, rotini, etc.)
- 6 ounces (or 4 cups, packed) fresh baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges in 100% juice or water, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) pineapple tidbits in 100% juice, drained with juice reserved
- 1 cup chopped pecans, cashews, almonds (optional)
- *1/4 cup olive oil
- *1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- *Reserved pineapple juice
- *1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- *1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- *1/2 teaspoon salt
- Wash hands with warm water and soap, scrubbing for at least 20 seconds.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold running water to cool. Set aside to continue draining.
- Wash fresh produce under cool running water and dry. Cut to prepare for the recipe.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta, spinach, strawberries, oranges, and pineapple.
- Top with chopped nuts, if using.
- *Combine the salad dressing ingredients in a separate small bowl or jar with a lid. Whisk or shake to combine. Add salad dressing to the pasta salad right before serving and toss. Or, serve dressing on the side to keep salad crisp for several days.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Source: Brooke Jenkins, Extension Specialist, University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service
Add grilled chicken to make this an entrée salad!
250 calories; 9g total fat; 1g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 0mg cholesterol; 190mg sodium; 41g total carbohydrate; 5g dietary fiber; 14g total sugars; 0g added sugars; 6g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 4% Daily Value of calcium; 10% Daily Value of iron; 8% Daily Value of potassium.