Red Beans and RiceReceta en Español
Rice and beans are one of the healthiest meals you can make. That this recipe makes them delicious is an added bonus.
- 1 pound dry red beans
- 7 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ pound turkey smoked sausage, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons Creole seasoning
- Cooked rice
- Place all ingredients except cooked rice into a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook at high setting for 7 hours or until beans are tender.
- Serve individually over ½ cup hot cooked rice.
Nutrition facts per serving: 350 calories; 2g total fat; 0.5g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 5mg cholesterol; 150mg sodium; 669 carbohydrate; 69 fiber; 2g sugar; 14g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 4% Daily Value of calcium;
20% Daily Value of iron; 2% Daily Value of potassium
- If served with ½ cup white long grain rice: add 100 calories; 22g carbohydrate; 2g protein per serving.
- If served with ½ cup brown rice: add 110 calories; lg total fat; 22g carbohydrate; 2g fiber; 3g protein per serving.