Red & Green Grilled Cheese
- 1 medium sliced tomato
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- Preheat the oven at 400°F.
- Lay out tomato slices and sprinkle with black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and dried basil.
- Assemble the sandwiches by layering tomato slices, ½ cup spinach and 1/4-cup cheese between two slices of bread.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place sandwiches on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the bottom of each sandwich is browned. Flip and bake an additional 5 minutes or until both sides are browned.
- Serve immediately.
230 calories; 7g total fat; 3.5 g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 15mg cholesterol; 270 mg sodium; 27 total carbohydrate; 1g dietary fiber; 4g total sugars; 0g added sugars; 15g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 25% Daily Value of calcium; 10% Daily Value of iron; 8% Daily Value of potassium