Red Potato SaladReceta en Español
Servings:16Serving Size:1/2 cup
- 6 medium red potatoes cut into 1½ inch pieces
- 4 cups fresh green beans cut into 1½ inch pieces
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano
- Salt and pepper
- Wash vegetables in warm water.
- Boil potatoes until tender and drain.
- Boil green beans until tender crisp and drain.
- Place the potatoes and green beans in a bowl.
- Add chopped red onions, peppers and tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, red wine vinegar and chopped oregano.
- Add to potato mixture and mix lightly.
- Season with salt and pepper. Mix well. Serve cold.
Source: • FSHE 12 Kentucky Potatoes, Sandra Bastin, M.N.S., R.D., 1993 http://www.ca.uky.edu/agc/pubs/fshe/fshe12/fshe12.pdf • Washington State Potato Commission, “The Spud Syllabus”, December 2007 http://www.potatoes.com/files/7413/4885/1808/Spud_Syllabus_English.pdf Plate it up! Kentucky Proud Project.
140 calories, 1.5g fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate, 6g fiber, 3g sugar, 5g protein.