Rockin’ Chicken TacosReceta en Español
Servings:Makes 6 servingsServing Size:2 tacosRecipe Cost:$6.65Cost per Serving:$1.11
- Low-Sodium Taco Blend
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Chicken and Vegetables
- 1 pound boneless, thin-sliced chicken or chicken tenders
- 1 (15 ounce) can low-sodium black beans, rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can low sodium corn, drained
Low-sodium Taco Blend
- Mix together taco blend ingredients and set aside.
Chicken and Vegetables
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place chicken in 13-by-9 baking pan.
- Top with black beans, tomatoes, and corn.
- Sprinkle with low-sodium taco blend.
- Cover, and bake for 45 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove chicken and shred. Mix shredded chicken with vegetables and serve.
Slow Cooker Option
Place chicken in slow cooker, and top with black beans, tomatoes, corn, and low-sodium taco blend. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours. Remove chicken for slow cooker, shred, and return to vegetable mixture.
Source: Ruth Ann Kirk, Lawrence County EFNEP Program Assistant Senior
Serve with whole wheat tortillas, lettuce, shredded low-fat cheese, reduced-fat sour cream, salsa, and fresh avocado.
For chicken and vegetable mixture only
260 calories;3.5g total fat; 1g saturated fat;0g trans fat; 65mg cholesterol; 250mg sodium; 26g carbohydrate; 8g fiber; 5g sugar; 0g added sugar; 30g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 6% Daily Value of calcium; 15% Daily Value of iron; 15% Daily Value of potassium.