Santa Fe Rabbit Soup
Servings:10Serving Size:1 1/2 cups
This rabbit soup is slow cooker magic!
- 1 (3 pounds) rabbit, cut up
- 1 (7 ounces) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1.5 cups frozen or canned corn, drained
- 1 (28 ounces) can no-salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounces) can low-sodium black beans, rinsed
- 1 (14 ounces) can low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (32 ounces) box low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium chili seasoning mix
Place all ingredients in slow cooker. Simmer on low 6 to 8 hours. Remove rabbit and remove meat from bones. (Be careful, rabbit will be hot so use a utensil to help.) Return rabbit meat to soup. Stir to combine and serve. Freeze leftovers in freezer bags or freezer container.
Source: Adapted from “2015 Food and Nutrition Calendar Kentucky Favorites”
Nutrition facts per serving: 260 calories; 3.5g total fat; 1g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 110mg cholesterol; 320mg sodium; 19g carbohydrate; 4g fiber; 4g sugars; 35g protein; 0% Daily Value of Vitamin D; 4% Daily Value of Calcium; 35% Daily Value of Iron; 15% Daily value of Potassium