Sautéed Asian Green Beans
Servings:4Serving Size:1 cup
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Wash green beans.
- Remove the ends and strings.
- Cut into 1-inch pieces.
- In a large pan or wok, heat oil over medium heat.
- Sautée the garlic until it is fragrant.
- Add the red pepper flakes.
- Stir for 1 minute.
- Add beans and toss to mix.
- Add water and sesame oil (if using).
- Cover and steam for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the cover.
- Add the soy sauce, ground ginger, and brown sugar.
- Stir for 4 to 6 minutes until a sauce forms and the green beans soften to your liking.
- Mix in sesame seeds and serve warm over brown rice or rice noodles.
Make it a Meal
Pair with Chicken Citrus Stirfry.
Source: FruitsAndVeggies.org Plate it up! Kentucky Proud Project.
120 calories, 7g fat, 1g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 0mg cholesterol, 300mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 7g total sugars, 3g added sugars, 4g protein.