Sauteed Vegetables and Crappie
Servings:4Serving Size:4 ounces crappie and 1 cup veggies
- 1 pound crappie fillets
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning blend
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 lemon
- Wash hands with warm water and soap, scrubbing for at least 20 seconds, especially after handling raw fish.
- Sprinkle fish with Cajun seasoning and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat. Add Squash, onion, and pepper. Saute for 10 minutes, or until vegetables are just starting to get tender.
- Place fish fillets on top of -sauteed vegetables. Cover skillet and cook on medium heat for 10 more minutes.
- Add broccoli florets. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Use a thermometer to check that fish has reached 145 degrees in the center of the thickest part and-flakes easily with a fork.
- Cut lemon in half and squeeze juice over fish and vegetables.
- Serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftovers within 2 hours.
Source: Cook Wild Kentucky Project
230 calories; 9g total fat; I.Sg saturated fat; Og trans fat; 70mg cholesterol; 200mg sodium; 13g total carbohydrate; 3g dietary fiber; Sg sugars; Og added sugars; 26g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 4% Daily Value of calcium; 6% Daily Value of iron; 15% Daily Value of potassium.