Seasonal Layered Fruit Salad
- ½ cup fruit A
- ½ cup fruit B
- ¼ cup vanilla or fruit flavored low-fat regular or whipped yogurt
- Select two different fruit to fit the season, holiday or focus of the lesson. Choose fresh, frozen or canned.
- Using a clear 9-ounce cup, layer fruit and yogurt.
Here are some fruit combination examples:
- Fall: Pineapple chunks, mandarin oranges, vanilla yogurt
- Winter: Blueberries, green grapes, blueberry yogurt
- Spring: Peaches, red grapes, peach yogurt
- Summer: Cantaloupe, blackberries, blackberry yogurt
- Patriotic: Blueberries, raspberries, vanilla yogurt
- Valentine: Watermelon chunks, raspberries, strawberry yogurt
- Christmas: Strawberries, sliced kiwi, vanilla yogurt
170 calories; 0g total fat; 0g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 0mg cholesterol; 30mg sodium; 41 total carbohydrate; 2g dietary fiber; 36g total sugars; 3g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 2% Daily Value of calcium; 6% Daily Value of iron; 6% Daily Value of potassium