Skillet EnchiladasReceta en Español
For added zest, spread some of the Farmer’s Market Salsa on top of each enchilada, or put the salsa in a bowl and let your family add their own.
- 8 corn tortillas
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 small to medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 small yellow squash, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- ¾ cup fresh or canned corn kernels
- 1 (15 ounce) can low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- Cut tortillas into bite sized pieces.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat, add 2 teaspoons of olive oil and corn tortilla pieces to the pan. Stirring occasionally, cook for 5 minutes or until beginning to crisp. Remove tortillas from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining teaspoon of olive oil to the pan, along with the onion and salt. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped zucchini, squash, red bell pepper, garlic, corn, black beans, pepper and paprika.
- Stir to combine and cook for 10 minutes.
- Return crispy tortillas to the skillet along with ¾ cup of cheese and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the enchilada sauce, stir until combined and then sprinkle remaining ¼ cup cheese on top.
- Cover with tin foil for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition facts per serving: 240 calories; 6g total fat; 1.5g saturated fat; 0g trans; 5mg cholesterol; 0g fat; 630mg sodium; 38g carbohydrate; 7g fiber; 5g sugar; 0g added sugar; 12g protein; 0% Daily Value vitamin D; 10% of Daily Value of calcium; 10% Daily Value of iron; 10% Daily Value of potassium