Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet PotatoesReceta en Español
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 6 small sweet potatoes
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped (optional, for topping)
- Low-fat Greek yogurt, low-fat sour cream, or low-fat dressing (optional, for topping)
- *1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- *1 teaspoon paprika
- *1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- *1 teaspoon garlic powder
- *1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- *2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- *1 tablespoon vinegar
- *2 tablespoons water
- *1/2 tablespoon cornstarch + 1 tablespoon water
- Wash hands with warm water and soap, scrubbing for at least 20 seconds.
- Rinse sweet potatoes under cool running water and set aside.
- Add raw chicken to a slow cooker.
- *In a small bowl combine all buffalo sauce ingredients, reserving cornstarch. Pour sauce over the chicken.
- Cover slow cooker with lid and cook on high heat for 4 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- About 45 minutes before the chicken is done, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and bake until tender, about 40 to 50 minutes.
- When chicken is fully cooked, remove it from the slow cooker and shred it.
- Before returning the shredded chicken to the slow cooker, mix cornstarch and water together and add to the slow cooker. Whisk until thickened. Return chicken to the slow cooker and combine with the sauce.
- When sweet potatoes are done cooking, split each one open and top with a portion of shredded buffalo chicken.
- Drizzle optional topping over the finished sweet potatoes and chicken, and top with green onions, if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
To make an optional blue cheese cream topping, mix 8-ounce nonfat plain Greek yogurt, 1/3 cup blue cheese salad dressing, 2 tablespoons low-fat milk, and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper in a small bowl.
*For a hotter sauce add another 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne.
210 calories; 6g total fat; 3g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 65mg cholesterol; 270mg sodium; 18g total carbohydrate; 3g dietary fiber; 5g total sugars; 0g added sugars; 19g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 2% Daily Value of calcium; 6% Daily Value of iron; 15% Daily Value of potassium.