Slow Cooker BBQ Turkey Legs
Servings:6Serving Size:6 ounces of meat
- 2 wild turkey legs with thighs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 8-ounce can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Wash,hands with warm water and soap, scrubbing for at least 20 seconds, especially after handling raw meat.
- Season turkey meat with pepper and place in 6-quart slow cooker .
- To make sauce, combine the remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Pour sauce over turkey.
- Cook, covered, in slow _cooker on low for 7 hours, or until meat is tender and falls off the bone or has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Source: Cook Wild Kentucky Project
370 calories; 4.5g total fat; lg saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 170mg cholesterol; 470mg sodium; 12g total carbohydrate; lg dietary fiber; 9g sugars; 7g added sugars; 72g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 4% Daily Value of calcium; 15% Daily Value of iron; 15% Daily Value of potassium.