Snappy Pea Salad
The simplicity of this recipe allows the taste of the fresh vegetables to be the star of the show.
- ½ pound sugar snap peas, remove strings and stems; cut in half crosswise
- 1 medium cucumber, cut in half lengthwise; scoop out seeds; slice thinly crosswise
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients until smooth.
- Add snap peas, cucumber, bell pepper, carrots and green onion to the bowl. Toss with dressing.
- Transfer mixture to a serving platter or bowl to serve. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds and serve immediately.
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
You can also make the salad the night before and store in the refrigerator.
Make it a Meal
- Grilled salmon
- Snappy Pea Salad
- Fresh strawberries
- Seasoned brown rice
- Low-fat milk
Fill half of your plate with fruits and vegetables. Visit your local farmers market for fresh produce in season.
Nutrition facts per serving: 180 calories; 12g total fat; 1g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 0mg cholesterol; 490mg sodium; 16g carbohydrate; 3g dietary fiber; 10g sugars; 3g protein; 90% Daily Value of vitamin A; 70% Daily Value of vitamin C; 4% Daily Value of calcium; 8% Daily Value of iron