Southwestern TilapiaReceta en Español
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tilapia fillets (12 to 16 ounces)
- lemon wedges
- Preheat a skillet on medium heat; add oil and allow to heat.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, chili powder, lemon zest, onion powder and salt.
- Rub seasoning mixture on both sides of tilapia fillets.
- Place tilapia in hot oil.
- Cook on each side about 4 minutes (depending on thickness), turning once.
- Remove from heat and serve with a lemon wedge squeezed on top.
Make it a Meal
Pair this fish dish with brown rice, pineapple salsa, steamed broccoli and milk for a complete meal!
190 calories; 9g total fat; 1.5g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 55mg cholesterol; 240mg sodium; 4g total carbohydrate; 1g fiber; 3g sugar; 3g added sugar; 23g protein; 20% Daily Value vitamin d; 2% Daily Value calcium; 6% Daily Value iron; 8% Daily Value potassium.