Speedy ChiliReceta en Español
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes with green peppers and onions
- 1 15-ounce can low-sodium kidney beans
- 1 8-ounce no salt added tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a medium saucepan, cook ground beef over medium heat, breaking up meat until coarsely chopped; cook thoroughly.
- Drain fat off beef; return meat to pan, add diced tomatoes, kidney beans, tomato sauce, water, chili powder, garlic powder salt and black pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce temperature and simmer 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers.
Make it a Meal
Add whole grain crackers, carrot sticks with low-fat dip, grapes or a glass of milk to make it meal.
180 Calories; 5g fat; 2g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 35mg cholesterol; 610mg sodium; 20g total carbohydrate; 6g dietary fiber; 7g total sugars; 0g added sugars; 16g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 4% Daily Value of calcium; 15% Daily Value of iron; 8% Daily Value of potassium