Spinach SlawReceta en Español
Servings:8Serving Size:1 cup
- 2 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups chopped red cabbage
- 2 cups chopped green cabbage
- 1½ cups fresh spinach
- ¼ cup canola mayonnaise
- ¼ cup hummus, original flavor
- 2 tablespoon local honey
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Wash, quarter, and core lettuce, red cabbage and green cabbage.
- Thinly slice lettuce and cabbage quarters; chop slices into small pieces.
- Wash and tear spinach leaves into small pieces.
- Whisk together mayonnaise, hummus, honey, garlic powder, salt and pepper until ingredients are mixed well.
- Toss dressing with vegetables until coated thoroughly.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
Source: www.fruitsandveggiesmatter.gov/month/spinach.html www.fruitsandveggiesmatter.gov/month/cabbage.html FCS3-106 - Vegetable Preparation for the Family by Sandra Bastin. What are Superfoods? By John Strang and Sandra Bastin Plate it up! Kentucky Proud Project.
70 calories, 3.5 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 135 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g sugar, 2 g protein.