Servings:12Serving Size:1 1/2 cups
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 2 pounds baked beaver meat, cubed
- 12 ounces Polish or kielbasa sausage, diced
- 1 48-ounce can low- sodium tomato juice
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 15-ounce can green beans, drained
- 1 15-ounce can kidney or navy beans, undrained
- Wash.hands with warm water and soap, scrubbing for at least 20 seconds.
- Wash onions, carrots, potatoes, and mushrooms with a clean vegetable brush under running water before preparing.
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to simmer, and cook for 1 hour or until potatoes and carrots are tender.
- Serve immediately.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator or freezer within 2 hours. Divide leftovers into smaller containers to allow them to cool quickly.
Source: Adapted from "Hobo Stew by Joseph Tomblin, Kentucky Department of Fish & Wildlife Resources
370 calories; 13g total fat; 3g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 20mg cholesterol; 490mg sodium; 34g total carbohydrate; 5g dietary fiber; 9g sugars; 0g added sugars; 28g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 6% Daily Value of calcium; 40% Daily Value of iron; 30% Daily Value of potassium.