Strawberry Green Tea
Servings:16Serving Size:8 ounce
- 13 cups water
- 13 green tea bags, regular size
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- 1 cup honey
- 1 lemon, optional
1. Wash strawberries and remove the tops.
2. Chop the berries with a hand chopper in a large pot.
3. Add water to the chopped berries in large pot and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
4. Remove from heat and let mixture cool for 5 minutes.
5. Add tea bags and submerge. Steep tea for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Strain the tea through a mesh strainer or cheesecloth lined colander into a 1 gallon pitcher.
7. Add honey and stir until dissolved.
8. Chill and serve.
9. Garnish with a lemon slice or a fresh strawberry if desired.
Source: Plate it up! Kentucky Proud Project.
70 calories, 0 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g sugar, 0 g protein. 30% Daily Value for vitamin C.