This Strawberry Trifle is simple to make with layers of moist vanilla cake, fresh strawberries, and pudding. It’s perfect with summer’s fresh strawberries!
- 1 ready-made angel food cake
- 1 (1.5-ounce) box sugar- and fat-free instant vanilla pudding and pie filling
- 3 cups skim milk
- 1 (8-ounce) container low-fat yogurt
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- Mix instant pudding with milk (according to directions on box). Let stand 5 minutes, until set. Add yogurt. Stir until smooth.
- Cut angel food cake into bite size pieces. Place one-third of cake into trifle bowl or any large clear glass bowl. Layer with one-third of pudding mixture, followed by one-third of strawberries. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Cover and let stand in refrigerator 6 hours or overnight.
Make it a Meal
- Kentucky Derby omelet
- Field greens salad
- Banana bread
- Strawberry Trifle
- Iced tea with mint
Keep healthy snacks handy. Keep a bowl of whole, clean fruit on the table, kitchen counter or in the refrigerator.
Nutrition facts per serving: 170 calories; 0 g total fat; 0 g saturated fat; 0 g trans fat; 0 mg cholesterol; 230 mg sodium; 38 g carbohydrate; 1 g fiber; 6 g sugar; 5 g protein; 4% Daily Value of vitamin A; 25% Daily Value of vitamin C; 8% Daily Value of calcium