Summer Garden PieReceta en Español
Servings:Makes 6 servingsServing Size:1/6 of pieRecipe Cost:$5.85Cost per Serving:$0.98
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can yellow corn, drained or 1 ½ cups fresh corn kernels
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 medium zucchinis, ends removed and thinly sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil or two tablespoons fresh, chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add corn, onion, zucchini, and mushrooms. Sauté until vegetables are tender, approximately 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While vegetables are cooking, line an 11×7 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Remove vegetables from heat. Drain vegetables. Transfer vegetables to the baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the basil, oregano, salt, cheese, and eggs. Pour egg mixture over the vegetables.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil. Bake an additional 5 minutes to brown.
- Let cool and then slice.
Source: Adapted from fruitsandveggies.org
210 calories; 12g total fat; 6g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 130mg cholesterol; 570mg sodium; 11g carbohydrate; 3g fiber; 6g sugar; 0g added sugar; 14g protein; 6% Daily Value of vitamin D; 20% Daily Value of calcium; 10% Daily Value of iron; 8% Daily Value of potassium.