Summer Squash PizzaReceta en Español
Servings:4Serving Size:1 slice
- 2 yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- *½ tablespoon rapid rise yeast
- *1 tablespoon sugar
- *½ cup warm water
- *½-1 cup whole wheat flour
- *½ teaspoon salt
- *2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place sliced squash, onion and pepper in roasting pan.
- Sprinkle with rosemary, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Toss to coat.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until onions are lightly brown and squash and peppers are tender. Set aside.
- *Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F.
- *In a medium mixing bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water.
- *Let yeast proof, about 10 minutes.
- *Stir in ½ cup flour, salt and oil.
- *Mix until smooth then rest for 5 minutes.
- *Add additional flour as needed to be able turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- *Roll into a flat ¼ inch thick crust. Place crust onto a baking sheet.
- *Bake 5 minutes to set crust.
- Remove from oven and distribute vegetable mixture on crust.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes or until crust is firm, being careful not to burn.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with cheese and remaining tablespoon olive oil.
- Cut into quarters and serve.
Source: Plate it up! Kentucky Proud Project.
310 calories, 19g fat, 3g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 340mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate, 6g fiber, 7g sugars, 9g protein.