Servings:12Serving Size:1/3 cup
- Nonstick spray
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Prepare baking sheet with nonstick spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add chopped pecans and increase heat to medium, stirring often for 3 minutes or until pecans are lightly toasted. Add brown sugar, reduce heat to low and stir until melted. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, coconut and sunflower seeds. Add sugar mixture and toss until oats are evenly coated.
- Spread granola evenly on prepared cookie sheet. Place in oven on middle rack and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and stir. Bake for another 6 minutes or until golden brown.
Source: Eat Smart to Play Hard: Brooke Jenkins, Extension Specialist, University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service
200 calories; 14g total fat; 3.5g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 5mg cholesterol; 0mg sodium; 18g total carbohydrate; 3g dietary fiber; 7g total sugars; 6g added sugar; 4g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 2% Daily Value of calcium; 6% Daily Value of iron; 2% Daily Value of potassium