Sweet Potato Crisp
Servings:Makes 16 servingsServing Size:3/4 cup
- 3 large fresh sweet potatoes, cooked until tender.
- 8 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup quick cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Lightly spray a 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan with non-stick spray.
- Mash sweet potatoes. Add cream cheese, 2/3 cup brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix until smooth.
- Spread sweet potato mixture evenly into pan.
- Top sweet potatoes with chopped apples.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, oats, and 1/3 cup brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbles. Stir in pecans.
- Sprinkle mixture over apples.
- Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender.
Source: Plate it up! Kentucky Proud Project.
240 calories; 6g fat; 3g saturated fat; 5mg cholesterol; 200mg sodium; 44g carbohydrate; 4g fiber; 20g sugar; 4g protein.