Tex-Mex FajitasReceta en Español
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose saltfree seasoning mix (divided)
- 1 8-ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 16-ounce package bell pepper and onion mix, frozen
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 6-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- *1 medium tomato, diced
- * 2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
- * 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Slice chicken into ¼-inch strips. Place in a zipper bag with 1 tablespoon all-purpose seasoning mix; toss to coat.
- Place mushrooms, peppers and onion and remaining all-purpose seasoning mix in another zipper bag; toss to coat.
- Heat oil in large, non-stick skillet. Add chicken strips; cook about 3- 4 minutes or until the juices run clear and the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°. Remove from skillet.
- Place coated vegetables in skillet and saute until vegetables are slightly tender, 5-8 minutes. Return cooked chicken to skillet and saute mixture 1-2 more minutes.
- Assemble fajitas by dividing chicken and vegetable mixture evenly on each tortilla, top with desired optional ingredients and roll up.
Make it a Meal
Pair these fajitas with pineapple slices and milk.
340 calories; 10g total fat; 1g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 60mg cholesterol; 540mg sodium; 33g total carbohydrate; 1g fiber; 6g sugar; 0g added sugar; 28g protein; 0% Daily Value vitamin d; 2% Daily Value calcium; 6% Daily Value iron; 10% Daily Value potassium.