Servings:4Serving Size:3/4 cupRecipe Cost:$1.09Cost per Serving:$0.27
Caramelized carrots are one of the great flavors in the world. That they are so easy to make is just a bonus.
- 1 pound fresh carrots, peeled and trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Slice the carrots crosswise on the diagonal about ½ inch thick. Make sure all pieces are approximately the same size to ensure even cooking.
- Place carrots on prepared baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle salt and thyme over carrots and cover with foil.
- Roast 5 to 7 minutes covered. Remove foil and continue roasting for 10 to 15 minutes, until caramelized and tender.
Source: Brooke Jenkins-Howard, Curriculum Coordinator for Kentucky Nutrition Education Program, University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service
Nutrition facts per serving: 80 calories; 4g total fat; 0.5g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 0mg cholesterol; 220mg sodium; 11g carbohydrate; 3g fiber; 5g sugar; 1g protein; 380% Daily Value of vitamin A; 10% Daily Value of vitamin C; 4% Daily Value of calcium; 2% Daily Value of iron