Tomato Basil and Bean Pasta SaladReceta en Español
This is a great dish to make in summer when you can get fresh tomatoes at their best.
- 1 pound tricolor spiral pasta
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cooked (or canned, drained, and rinsed) kidney beans (or try garbanzo beans or black beans)
- 1 cup mozzarella or provolone cheese, cubed or shredded (optional)
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Cook pasta according to packagedirections. Drain and cool.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, vinegar, Dijon-style mustard and pepper to make vinaigrette.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix pasta, beans, basil and tomatoes. Pour vinaigrette over top and toss together. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- If desired, add cheese and nuts just before serving. Toss again to blend.
Make it a Meal
- Grilled chicken
- Tomato Basil and Bean Pasta Salad
- Fresh peach slices
- Low-fat milk
Keep food safety in mind —keep hot foods hot and cold foods cold.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: 130 calories; 4 g fat; 0.5 g saturated fat; 0 g trans fat; 0 mg cholesterol; 95 mg sodium; 18 g carbohydrate; 2 g fiber; 3 g sugars; 5 g protein; 10% Daily Value of vitamin A; 8% Daily Value of vitamin C; 8% Daily Value of calcium; 6% Daily Value of iron