Tomato Basil BruschettaReceta en Español
Servings:Makes 16 servingsServing Size:1/2 inch slice
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced and coarsely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 pound loaf, whole wheat French bread, cut into ½ inch slices
- Combine tomatoes, onions, garlic, red wine vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil, basil, oregano, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Preheat broiler of oven.
- Lightly brush both sides of bread slices with remaining olive oil and arrange on ungreased baking sheet.
- Place three to four inches from the broiler and heat slices for two to three minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Top each slice with tomato mixture, using a slotted spoon and serve.
Source: Plate it up! Kentucky Proud Project.
140 calories; 5g fat; 1g saturated fat; 0mg cholesterol; 250mg sodium; 19g carbohydrate; 3g fiber; 0g sugar; 4g protein.