Trout with Herb Sauce
- 2 pounds trout fillets
- 1 tablespoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Wash hands with warm water and soap, scrubbing for at least 20 seconds, especially after handling raw fish.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Season top of fish fillets with salt-free seasoning and salt.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat until hot but not smoking. Add trout fillets to skillet. Cook fish for 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned on the bottom.
- Flip fillets over and cook 2 more minutes.
- Remove fillets from skillet and place in a covered dish. Place in preheated oven for 5 to 10 minutes while preparing sauce.
- Add garlic powder and lemon juice to olive oil remaining in the skillet. Cook to combine on medium heat for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add butter and parsley. Stir sauce until butter is fully melted and forms a creamy mixture.
- Remove fish from oven and check that it has reached an internal temperature of 145 degrees F and flakes easily with a fork.
- Cover fillets with sauce.
- Serve immediately. Store leftovers in the refrigerator within 2 hours.
450 calories; 28g total fat; 7g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 145mg cholesterol; 310mg sodium; 1g total carbohydrate; 0g dietary fiber; 0g sugars; 0g added sugars; 47g protein; 45% Daily Value of vitamin D; 8% Daily Value of calcium; 20% Daily Value of iron; 20% Daily Value of potassium.