Turkey Meatball WrapsReceta en Español
Servings:6Serving Size:One sandwich wrapRecipe Cost:$9.55Cost per Serving:$1.60
Double the recipe and freeze the extra meatballs for a quick meal later on.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Cooking spray
- ¼ cup quick cook oats (if meatball mixture is too wet, add oats to help bind)
- ½ cup nonfat sour cream, or plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup cucumber, chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6, 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- Lettuce leaves, torn
- Sliced cucumber (optional if you have cucumber left over)
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, onion, egg, salt, pepper, oregano, parsley, garlic and lemon juice. Mix until it forms a ball and sticks together. If the meatball mixture is too wet, add quick cook oats.
- Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray and shape meatball mixture into 1-inch balls. Place in skillet over medium high heat.
- Cook each side for several minutes until meatballs are browned evenly. Remove from pan.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream (or yogurt), cucumber, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir until combined.
- Warm tortillas in microwave (approximately 20 seconds). Place three meatballs on each tortilla. Add lettuce and tomato. Top with sauce and wrap.
Source: Adapted from joyfulhealthyeats.com
Nutrition facts per serving: 360 calories; 12g total fat; 4g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 85mg cholesterol; 820mg sodium; 42g carbohydrate; 1g fiber; 3g sugar; 22g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 4% Daily Value of calcium; 6% Daily Value of iron; 6% Daily Value of potassium