Vegetable Barley SoupReceta en Español
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ lb. carrots (about 4)
- 1 (28-ounce) can unsalted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup pearled barley
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 potato, diced
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- ½ cup frozen corn
- ½ cup frozen peas
- Heat a large pot over medium heat and add the onion, garlic powder, and olive oil. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add carrots, tomatoes, barley, Italian seasoning, and vegetable broth. Stir to combine. Cover with a lid and let soup simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add diced potato. Cook for 10 minutes, or until potato pieces are tender.
- Add frozen green beans, corn, and peas. Stir and let cook for another 5 to 10 minutes.
160 calories; 3g total fat; 0g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 0mg cholesterol; 120mg sodium; 30g carbohydrates; 7g fiber; 6g sugar; 0g added sugar; 4g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D’ 6% Daily Value of calcium; 6% Daily Value of iron; 8% Daily Value of potassium.