Zippy Corn ChowderReceta en Español
Servings:Makes 8 servingsServing Size:1 cup
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 large red potatoes, cubed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups fresh or frozen whole kernel corn
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups skim milk, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- teaspoon salt (optional)
- In a large saucepan, sauté onion and green pepper in butter until tender.
- Add broth and cubed potatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender.
- Stir in jalapeno, mustard, basil, paprika and red pepper flakes. Add corn, green onions and 1½ cups of milk. Bring to a boil.
- In a separate bowl, combine all-purpose flour and remaining ½ cup milk, stirring until smooth.
- Gradually add mixture to soup. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly
Source: Plate it up! Kentucky Proud Project.
190 calories; 2.5g fat; 1g saturated fat; 5mg cholesterol; 35 mg sodium; 34g carbohydrate; 4g fiber; 10g sugar; 7g protein.