Zippy Zucchini Cakes
Servings:Makes 10 servingsServing Size:2 inch cake
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg white
- ¼ cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup all–purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup corn meal
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dill
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine the zucchini, eggs, egg white, milk and olive oil.
- Stir until just mixed.
- Add the remainder of ingredients into zucchini mixture. For added zip, substitute Pepper Jack cheese for the Mozzarella, add 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno pepper or ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes.
- Stir until moistened.
- Spoon the batter onto a lightly greased griddle or large non-stick skillet to form 2 inch cakes.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Turn and cook on the other side for 3 to 4 minutes. Serve.
Source: Plate it up! Kentucky Proud Project.
80 calories; 2g fat; 0g saturated fat; 30mg cholesterol; 140mg sodium; 10g carbohydrate; 1g fiber; 1g sugar; 4g protein.