Zubeanie BoatsReceta en Español
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 medium to large zucchini, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup diced green onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or other oil)
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 (15-ounce) can low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup corn (canned, cooked from frozen, or fresh)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- Salt and pepper (a pinch of each)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- Wash hands with warm water and soap, scrubbing for at least 20 seconds.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Gently scrub zucchini and bell pepper with a clean vegetable brush under cool, running water. Rinse green onions. Prepare vegetables as listed above.
- Scoop the flesh out of the zucchini halves.
- Place zucchini halves upside down (skin-side up) on oiled baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and turn the boats over.
- While zucchini is baking, heat the olive oil in a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat. Add the red pepper, green onions, and zucchini flesh. Stir until tender about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add rice, black beans, corn, salsa, taco seasoning, and a pinch of salt and pepper to the skillet and cook another minute until heated through. Remove from heat and stir in the cheese. Reserve 1/4 cup of cheese to top zucchini boats.
- Evenly distribute the filling mixture between the zucchini boats. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Return the filled boats to the oven and bake for 10 to 12 more minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator within 2 hours.
- First, score the zucchini flesh with a knife or a spoon, then use a spoon to scoop out the flesh. Dice about a cup of the flesh to use for the filling.
- Use leftover zucchini flesh for other dishes, such as soup, stir-fry, or casseroles. You can also freeze it to use later.
190 calories; 8g total fat; 3g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 15mg cholesterol; 320mg sodium; 23g total carbohydrate; 6g dietary fiber; 4g total sugars; 0g added sugars; 9g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 10% Daily Value of calcium; 10% Daily Value of iron; 10% Daily Value of potassium.