- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups whole spinach, roughly torn
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray 13-by-9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, ½ cup Parmesan cheese, egg, garlic, spinach, and Italian seasoning.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and mix until well combined. Set aside.
- Wash zucchini and cut off ends.
- Use a mandolin or sharp knife to slice zucchini thinly lengthwise.
- To reduce water, place zucchini on a microwave-safe plate lined with paper towels and cover with a paper towel. Microwave 1 minute.
- Pat excess moisture away with paper towels.
- On a clean work surface, place three slices of zucchini so they are slightly overlapping and place a spoonful of ricotta mixture on top.
- Roll up and place in baking dish. Repeat with remaining zucchini and ricotta mixture.
- Spoon marinara on top of zucchini.
- Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake until zucchini is tender and cheese has melted, about 30 minutes.
Source: Plate it up! Kentucky Proud Project.
130 calories, 7 g fat, 4 g saturated fat, 40 mg cholesterol, 410 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g sugars, O g added sugars, 9 g protein