Apple Carrot Bake
Servings:8Serving Size:3/4 cupRecipe Cost:$3.44Cost per Serving:$0.43
Fresh carrots and crisp apples combine for wonderful flavor.
- 5 medium apples, peeled and sliced (about 4 cups)
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can sliced carrots (may use 2 cups fresh or frozen steamed carrots)
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Arrange apples and carrots in a 1½ quart greased casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; sprinkle over carrots and apples.
- Dot carrot and apple mixture with butter and cover with orange juice.
- Bake uncovered for one hour or until sugar mixture caramelizes.
Source: Rita May, Senior Extension Associate for Kentucky Nutrition Education Program, University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service
Nutrition facts per serving: 120 calories; 3g total fat; 2g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 10mg cholesterol; 125mg sodium; 24g carbohydrate; 2g fiber; 19g sugar; 1g protein; 120% Daily Value of vitamin A; 20% Daily Value of vitamin C; 2% Daily Value of calcium; 2% Daily Value of iron.